Meso-ORIGINS is off to a great start in 2023 with 4 new participants so far in January, and a new site since the last update:
Welcome to Meso-ORIGINS, NHS Grampian! NHS Grampian is our second Scottish site to go live with Meso-ORIGINS (more to come….)
To recap, Meso-ORIGINS is now open to recruitment at 12 health boards and 17 hospitals across the UK:
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC)- Queen Elizabeth University Hospital; Glasgow Royal Infirmary; Gartnavel General Hospital
- North Bristol NHS Trust- Southmead Hospital
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board- Royal Gwent Hospital; St Woolos Hospital; Grange University Hospitals
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust- North Tyneside General Hospital
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust- Wythenshawe Hospital
- Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust- Salford Royal Hopsital
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust- Churchill Hospital- Oxford Respiratory Trials Unit (ORTU)
- Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust- Musgrove Park Hospital
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust- Royal Lancaster Infirmary, Furness General Hospital
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust- Derriford Hospital
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust – Glenfield Hospital
- NHS Grampian- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
A further 6 sites are in various stages of set up- a little less than we noted in our Januray update but some prospective sites have had to delay set up due to local pressures. We still hope to have 20 sites from all across the UK open to recruitment by 2023.
We have 51 recruits to date (mid-January), up 16 since the November update:
- 26 in Arm A
- 21 in Arm B
- 4 participants for the remote observation arm
We are seeing recruitment figures build over the last few months, now that sites have confidence in recruitment and study procedures- and we can only see this going up.
Thank you to all sites for their efforts to date!
Interested in becoming a site?
Contact PREDICT-Meso@glasgow.ac.uk to find out more information and to assess your capability
Interested in becoming a participant?
Contact PREDICT-Meso@glasgow.ac.uk to find out your local Meso-ORIGINS study site